Bocas del Toro to Arenal / la Fortuna (Caribe Shuttle, Boat & Breakfast)
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
Getting from Bocas del Toro, Panama to San José, Costa Rica has never been easier. We take care of everything. We even throw in Breakfast or lunch. We will pick you up at the Taxi Valencia dock, You will take a 30 minute boat ride past some beautiful islands and mangroves to Almirante, where you will board one of our air conditioned late model shuttle vans direct to the border. From there we have our guides assist you with the immigration process leaving Panamá and checking into Costa Rica.
We then drive direct to Banana Azul where you will spend an hour or two enjoying this beautiful little resort hotel on the beach in Puerto Viejo, and having your choice of a breakfast burrito or Wrap for lunch.
From here we pick you up and make the 5 1/2 hour trip direct to la Fortuna area hotels.
6:00 am to 6:30 am: Check in at Caribe Shuttle desk (Next to ferry dock)
6:30 am to 7:00 am: Boat travel to Almirante
7:00 am to 8:00 am: Travel to border
8:00 am to 9:00 am: Border crossing
8:00 am to 9:00 am: Travel to Puerto Viejo (Costa Rica time)
9:00 am to 11:00 am: Breakfast or lunch at Banana Azul (Included)
11:00 am to 3:00 pm: Travel to Guápiles (switch vans)
3:15 pm to 5:30 pm: Travel to Arenal / la Fortuna
5:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Hotel drop offs in la Fortuna area
Requirements to enter Costa Rica
The entry requirements for tourists are:
Valid passport. With no less than 6 months to expire
Round-trip ticket or reservation showing an eventual departure from Costa Rica via air.
- Please have your passport, Health pass QR code and printed flight itinerary with you for immigration officials.
- Your flight can be from anywhere in Central America back to your home country, but must be within 90 days of the border crossing.
- Pick-up time is an estimate and may vary by 15 minutes either direction. Clients should be waiting at the assigned pick up point 15 minutes before the assigned pick-up time. The shuttle will wait for clients a maximum of 5 minutes. If after that waiting period the client is not on board, the shuttle will leave without the client and the client will NOT receive a refund.
- You are allowed 1 large bag or backpack and 1 carry on size (computer bag) per person.
- There is a $20 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (max. 9’ between CR and Bocas).