San José to Bocas Del Toro (Caribe Shuttle, Boat & Lunch)
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
Book your round trip now and save $10.00!!
Please expect extensive delays for this route due to major road construction on hwy 32.
Caribe Shuttle will pick you up at your hotel in San Jose or Denny's near the airport then head to Puerto Viejo where you will have lunch at Banana Azul Restaurant. From here we head to Bocas del Toro, a guide will help you cross the border checking into Panamá. Our shuttle in Panamá will take you to Almirante, where you will then board a boat to Bocas del Toro. You will be dropped off at the Caribe Shuttle Dock next to the Bocas Town Hotel.
5:30 am to 6:00 am: Airport pick up (Denny's Restaurant) *(see important notes)
6:00 am to 6:30 am: San José city hotel pick ups.
6:30 am to 11:00 am: Travel to Puerto Viejo
11:00 am to 12:30 pm: Lunch at Banana Azul
12:30 pm to 1:30 pm: Travel to the border
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm: Border crossing (Costa Rica time)
3:30 pm to 4:30 pm: Travel to Almirante (Panama time-1 hour forward)
4:30 pm to 5:00 pm: Boat to Bocas Town
- There is an $9 tax to exit Costa Rica. This fee is not included in the ticket price.
- Please have your passport, and printed flight itinerary with you for immigration officials. Panama is only accepting flight itineraries for entry into Panama. (No bus tickets)
- Your flight can be from anywhere in Central America back to your home country.
- * For airport pick ups, it is necessary for you to take a taxi to the nearby Denny's restaurant where our shuttle will be waiting for you at 5:30 AM. (No shuttle service is allowed to pick up at the airport)
- Pick-up time is an estimate and may vary by 15 minutes either direction. Clients should be waiting at the assigned pick up point 15 minutes before the assigned pick-up time. The shuttle will wait for clients a maximum of 5 minutes. If after that waiting period the client is not on board, the shuttle will leave without the client and the client will NOT receive a refund.
- You are allowed 1 large bag or backpack and 1 carry on size (computer bag) per person.
- There is a $20 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (Surf boards up to 6 ft 5 in)
- Please expect extensive delays for this route due to major road construction on hwy 32.