Puerto Viejo/Cahuita to San Juan del Sur (Caribe Shuttle Package)
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
This is a minimum 2 day trip Free WIFI in select vehicles!!
Getting from Puerto Viejo to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua has never been easier, or more convenient! We take care of everything. We even include 1 nights stay at Arenal Backpackers (or similar accommodation) in La Fortuna.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita for the 5 1/2 hour drive to la Fortuna. You will be dropped off at Arenal Backpackers (Or similar hostel included) for your 1 nights stay before departing the next morning for San Juan.
You can add more nights in La Fortuna if you like when making your reservation.
The shuttle will be there to pick you up the next day at 6 am to continue your journey to San Juan. Once at the border, there will be a guide to help you through the immigration process. There will be another van waiting for you on the Nicaragua side to take you to your hotel in San Juan.
10:30 am to 2:30 pm: Travel to Sarapiqui (snack/bathroom break)
2:45 pm to 4:30 pm: Travel to Arenal / la Fortuna
4:30 pm to 5:00 pm: Hotel drop off in La Fortuna
6:00 am to 6:15 am: Pick up from hotel
6:15 am to 9:15 am: Travel to Liberia
9:15 am to 9:30 am: Snack/bathroom break (Switch vans)
9:30 am to 10:40 am: Travel to border of Nicaragua
10:40 am to 11:40 am: Border crossing
11:40 am to 12:20 pm: Travel to San Juan
12:20 pm to 1:00 pm: Hotel drop offs
- Price does NOT include the $8 fee leaving Costa Rica and the $13 fee to enter Nicaragua.
- Price includes 1 nights stay at Arenal Backpackers (Or similar) in shared Dorm style accommodations.
- Pick-up time is an estimate and may vary by 15 minutes either direction. Clients should be waiting at the assigned pick up point 15 minutes before the assigned pick-up time. The shuttle will wait for clients a maximum of 5 minutes. If after that waiting period the client is not on board, the shuttle will leave without the client and the client will NOT receive a refund.
- You are allowed 1 large bag or backpack and 1 carry on size (computer bag) per person.
- There is a $15 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (max. 9’).